Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Good Reason to Leave the House

A few weeks ago my husband and I watched the movie "Baby Mama," which I highly recommend, especially for those of you who have little common ground in terms of Netflix queue selections with your significant other. Also, it features Tina Fey, Greg Kinnear AND Steve Martin, which pretty much guarantees its universal appeal. In one particularly cute scene, Tina Fey peeks into a "mommy and me" yoga class on the way to her class. (Which presumably, was a real class. Which - as an aside - I can't wait to get back to.)

In the meantime, however, I decided to look into baby yoga as an activity that my 3-month old baby and I could do together. This morning, we attended our first Itsy Bitsy Yoga class at Fresh Yoga. It was great! I was a little concerned that we wouldn't make it through the entire class as he's still on an every-two-hours feeding schedule, but the hour flew by, was full of other sweet babies in the same age range, and provided us with a fun and different way to connect and listen to each other ... aside from our singing to each other while he's on the changing table. I only hope that my husband never catches me singing to the poor kid on camera because it's not pretty.

Fresh Yoga offers 6-week series of Itsy Bitsy Yoga, and they also offer a class for moms & toddlers -- visit their website for details on the next series.

No comments: