Sunday, September 27, 2009

This Ain't Your Average Touch-A-Truck...

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh, OMIGOSH!!!! It's back! The event my family has not-so-patiently waited all year for is BACK!

October 3 – Branford
Touch-a-Truck. United Way of Greater New Haven/Town of Branford Touch-A-Truck. Branford High School, 185 East Main Street, Branford. Event provides the opportunity for children to get up close and personal with their favorite vehicles in a safe and protected environment. Admission: Donation of diapers to be distributed to various non-profits. Time: 10 AM-2 PM. www.uwgnh.org 203-772-2010

Okay, people, here's the deal. This is not your regular old, run-of-the-mill, touch a few trucks kind of touch-a-truck event. This is the mother of all touch-a-truck events. You skeptics out there may think that I am overreacting, but I assure you, I am not. We're talking every construction and municipal vehicle you can think of (and almost all that my truck obsessed 2-year-old can name--almost...). We're talking tractors, school buses, street cleaners, fire engines, back hoes, MAC trucks--everything you can think of--all just sitting in a giant parking lot, waiting for your kid to climb, touch, and honk them.

Clearly my kid loved it so much that its return is the most exciting thing to happen to me in months.

(Oh my God, that is so sad.)

We'll see you there! I'll be the mom wiping drool away from my kid's mouth. I'm not kidding. It's going to be like giving Homer Simpson a friggin' donut.

No comments: